IFMSA maintains officials relations with:
- WHO (World Health Organisation) since 1969: recognised as an official member.
- UNFPA (United Nations Popular Fund) since 1966: cooperation to carry out Reproductive Health Projects.
- UNAIDS (United Nations HIV/AIDS programmes)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation): active cooperation with a specific liaison officer on an international level.
- UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund): recent cooperation
- UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees): collaboration in training our students and agreement to support our projects.
- WMA (World Medical Association): they offer IFMSA the secretariat office at their headquarters as well as a 5000€ a year grant. The agreement is signed biannually and in exchange an IFMSA member works once a week at their offices.
- EMSA (European Medical Students’ Association): collaboration under agreement.
- AMSA (Asian Medical Students’ Association): collaboration under agreement.
- WFME (World Federation of Medical Education): IFMSA is a member of the Executive Council representing the voice of medical students worldwide.
- GHC (Global Health Council): IFMSA is a member of the Council and they offer support with professionals, project support and presentation of IFMSA’s work.
- IPPNW (International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear Wars)
- ECOSOC (United Nations Economic and Social Council): consultative status